Submit Your Work
Each year Marco Island Center for the Arts has several open calls to submit art for an exhibition in our Rush and Lauritzen Galleries. These exhibitions are usually themed so that the art that is submitted has a general cohesiveness and will offer an artistic expression of the theme. To submit your work for one of our CTA shows please submit this form before intake.
Applicants must be high school students in grades 9-12 and age 19 or under who reside in Collier County, Florida. They may also be homeschooled.
- $1,000 1st Place
- $750 2nd Place
- $500 3rd Place
- $100 Honorable Mention (2 awarded)
- $100 People’s Choice Award (voted on during the week the exhibition is on display)
The Art Department at the school of the 1st Place winner will receive $1,000 to support their art programs and the cultivation of future young artists. If the 1st place winner is homeschooled, the Art Department Award will go to the Art Department of the 2nd place winner. This award will only be given to the Art Department of a High School.
- Paintings in all media: Oil, acrylic, watercolor, pastels, batik
- Drawings: Charcoal, pencil, pen and ink.
- Graphic Art: Two and/or three dimensional art such as: pottery, glass, sculpture and jewelry.
- Digital Art
- Photography, including digitally altered, as long as it is indicated as such.
- Mixed media, including collage and/or found objects.
BASIS OF AWARDS QUALITY – TECHNIQUE – ORIGINALITY
- Each piece submitted must be original and be completed entirely by the applicant.
- Kit work; copy work; prepared outline; pottery from molds; manufactured components are NOT Gicleés are NOT acceptable. Prints from a printmaking process are acceptable. Mixed media of all types is acceptable, as is digitally enhanced photos, only if it is stated, and other types of computer art.
- Applicant must submit TWO PIECES OF ARTWORK. Judging will be on individual work, not on the body of work.
- IMPORTANT: All paintings, drawings, and photography will not be accepted unless it is equipped for hanging. Work must be framed or at a minimum ~ matted, mounted and shrink wrapped with one hanger fastened to the back. Canvas should be wrapped with no staples showing. (Duct tape and masking tape do not hold and will not be accepted). Please be sure to adhere to this requirement. It will be enforced.
- Sculpture, pottery, etc. must be equipped for proper display safely on a pedestal. We supply the pedestal.
The completed form “OFFICIAL APPLICATION – Collier County High School Art Competition and Show: Celebrate the future of Art must be delivered by 4:00 PM, Friday, April 10, 2020 or filled out below.
Mail or drop off: Marco Island Center for the Arts FAX: 239-394-7812
1010 Winterberry Drive
Marco Island, FL 34145
SUBMITTING ART WORK
All entries (art work) must be delivered to Marco Island Center for the Arts with a completed “Entry Identification Slip” attached to the back or bottom of each piece of art work on THURSDAY, April 23rd , 2020 FROM NOON – 6PM.
NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS AND AWARD CEREMONY
Award Winners will be notified by telephone and email on TUESDAY, April 28th after the judging is completed. The People’s Choice Award will be confirmed and announced on May 1st . A reception and award ceremony in honor of all students who participated in the competition will be held on FRIDAY, May 1st FROM 5:45 PM – 7:00 PM at the Marco Island Center for the Arts. All applicants, their families, teachers and guests are invited and encouraged to attend. The Awards Ceremony will take place at 6:00 PM.
Art work submitted by all of the applicants will be exhibited in the Lauritzen/Rush Galleries of the Marco Island Center for the Arts MONDAY, April 27th – FRIDAY, May 1st. All work must be picked up on FRIDAY May 1st immediately following the reception.