JURIED ART SHOWS - GUIDELINES AND RULES FOR ALL ART INTAKE.
Judges' name and credentials will be announced prior to in-take, or at in-take, if changes or additions are made.
Open to all artists throughout the world, unless it is a "Member's Only Show."
Clay - Fiber - Glass - Graphics - Jewelry - Painting - Photography - Sculpture - Collage-film-computer generated and other forms of expression, as approved by the Gallery Committee in advance.
NUMBER OF SUBMISSIONS:
Limit 3 pieces per artist. Diptych and Triptych work counts as 1 piece.
ON-LINE SUBMISSIONS: SELECTED ARTISTS FROM OUTSIDE THE MARCO-NAPLES AREA MAY, IN LIMITED CASES, SUBMIT A J-PEG ONLINE OR BY MAIL IF THEY PAY THE ENTRY FEE. FOR INFORMATION CONTACT THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR.
- Work must be original and not previously displayed in the Center for the Arts galleries or gift shop (There are a few exceptions but must be cleared with Executive Director and/or gallery committee before hand).
- Work must be completed within the past three years.
- A 30% commission is retained by the Center for the Arts on all members net sales, and a 40% commission is retained on all non-members net sales.
- Not for sale pieces are acceptable for some exhibits; please inquire before submitting work.
- All 2D work must be ready to hang with wires, which must be wrapped. No exceptions.
- All 2D work must ALSO be framed: Gallery wrapped-canvas is acceptable with no exposed staples and edges finished with painting.
- 3D pieces must be ready to display on pedestals, which are limited.
- Size limitations:
2D/wall art: 36" x 48" maximum. (Some exceptions apply, but must be cleared with the Executive Director and/or gallery committee before hand).
3D/pedestal art: 14" maximum foot print/base and 3' maximum height.
3D/floor art: 3.5' x 3.5' width x 7' height.
No dirty mats or scratched Plexiglas, glass or frames, these will not be accepted.
All artists who participate in a juried exhibition must pay the following entry fees:
- $10 for 1 piece.
- $15 for 2 pieces.
- $20 for 3 pieces.
- $15 for 1 piece.
- $20 for 2 pieces.
- $25 for 3 pieces.
For each fixed media juried art show the Center for the Arts will announce 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners, and sometimes Honorable Mention. For some, NOT ALL mixed media shows there will be a 1st place in each media category as well as an over-all 1st place winner. This will depend on the number of entries in each category. There are prizes, including ribbons. Cash awards will be announced prior to in-take, if available.
All work must be delivered directly to the Center for the Arts by the date provided by the Center for the Arts. Arrangements may be made prior to in-take for special exceptions. Please see Executive Director.
LATE ENTRIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. PICK UP TIME/DATE OF REJECTED PIECES VARIES FROM EXHIBITION TO EXHIBITION, ASK AT IN-TAKE.
RECEPTION & SPONSORSHIP:
A public reception will take place on the 2nd Tuesday of the month. These events are free to members and open to the public FOR A SMALL FEE. We encourage all artists to attend. You and two guests are free; neither you or your two guests need to be members of the Art Center. This is a special benefit just to you as an artist participating in the exhibition.
END OF SHOW PICK-UP:
THIS IS MANDATORY. At intake you will receive notification of what date to pick up your work. We do not have sufficient storage for all work, therefore all participants must make arrangements for pick-up or they will be charged a storage and handling fee of $5 a day. The Center for the Arts is NOT responsible for work that is not picked up, and if after one month the artwork has not been picked up by the artist responsible: it will be considered a donation and become part of our inventory.